Barbara Ellin Fox
Romance, Adventure & Horses
As a professional for fifty-plus years, Barbara Ellin Fox is the past director of the Fox School of Horsemanship, and a former Regional Supervisor for United States Pony Clubs, the largest equestrian educational organization in the world.
Barbara is an advocate for America’s wild horses. The government captured her personal horse, Reno, in the mountains of Northern Nevada. She has worked with horse whisperers and round pen trainers since 1995, and spent time with wild horse gatherer, Steve Harris. Barbara also advocates rehabilitation to second careers for racehorses.
Thousands of instructors and students who seek knowledge in the equestrian business follow Barbara’s blog, The Riding Instructor. An equestrian historian, Barbara’s blog, U.S. Horsemanship, preserves the history of horsemanship in America.
In 1969 Barbara had her first byline in a local horse newspaper, The MoKan Horseman. Since then she has written curriculum for horse programs, newsletters for horse associations, and articles for local horse newspapers. She is a compulsive writer, whether she writes fiction or non-fiction about horses, dogs, her family’s genealogy, or is blogging and journaling.
In 2015 Barbara retired to write fiction based on equestrian heroes and heroines. She weaves her extensive background with horses and their people into exciting stories about happily ever after for men, women and horses.
Having grown up on Long Island, New York, then living in Texas, Colorado, and Arizona, Barbara’s unique story viewpoint is East meets West. She currently lives in the Midwest with her husband and horses. Her two daughters and two granddaughters live nearby.
Barbara is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers, Romance Writers of America, ACFW-DFW Ready Writers, Faith, Hope, and Love Christian Writers, KCWest Christian Writers, American Horse Publications, and AQHA.
- First place in Inspirational Romance in the 2019 Great Expectations Writing contest
- First Place in Inspirational Romance in the 2019 Lone Star Writing Contest
- Semi-finalist in the 2019 ACFW Genesis Writing contest
2018 Writing Contests
- First place in the Long Contemporary Category of RWA Faith Hope and Love’s 2018 Touched by Love writing contest.
- First place in Inspirational Romance in the 2018 OCCRWA Orange Rose Contest for Emerging Writers!
- Second place in Inspirational Romance in the 2018 OCCRWA Orange Rose Contest for Emerging Writers!
- Second place in Inspirational Romance in the 2018 Lone Star Writing Contest, Northwest Houston RWA.
- Third place in Inspirational Romance NTRWA 2018 Great Expectations Contest.
- Third place in the 2018 TARA Writing Contest. Tampa Area Romance Writers
- First place 2017 ACFW Virginia-The Crown- in Contemporary Romance
- Finalist in 2017 Linda Howard Award of Excellence- in Inspirational Fiction
- Finalist Windy City RWA’s Four Seasons 2017 Romance Writing Contest- Finalist Single Title Contemporary
Do Your Heroes Ride Horses?
Signup for my newsletter and gain access to Write Horses Right and other courses.
Create your private account with this form.
The instructions to reset your password are sent to the email address you provided. If you did not receive the email, please check your spam folder as well.